PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information.”
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
155 Colonnade Road S, Unit 1 Ottawa, ON, Canada, K2E 7K1
All orders are processed within 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) after receiving your order confirmation email. An Obasan Customer Experience Specialist will contact you to confirm the details and timeline of your order. Delivery times will be discussed with you at that time, and will depend on the level of customization of your products. You will receive another notification when your order has shipped.
DOMESTIC SHIPPING RATES AND ESTIMATES
Shipping is complimentary on all orders in North-America, except on Foundations where a $200 flat fee is charged on CDN, and $300 in the USA.
You can skip the shipping fees with free local pickup at 155 Colonnade Rd, Ottawa, Ontario. A customer service representative will contact you when your order is prepared and ready for pick up.
Instructions for the pick-up will be communicated to you by the customer service representative. Please have your order confirmation email with you when you come.
For international shipping, you need to contact our sleep specialist, and do a shipping quote. If you are located in the United States, please make your transaction on this site : https://obasan.com/
HOW DO I CHECK THE STATUS OF MY ORDER?
When your order has shipped, you will receive an email notification from us which will include a tracking number you can use to check its status. Please allow 48 hours for the tracking information to become available.
If you have any questions regarding your order status, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and order number, and we will look into it for you.
Please ensure that the item in question is sealed in its original packaging. Contact us within 14 days of receipt in order to discuss the specific details of our return policy further. Please remember that In order to be eligible for a return, certain conditions must be met:
- For hygienic reasons, the item in question must be unused, unopened and in its original packaging.
- Returns can only be considered if brought to our attention within 14 days of delivery. The delivery date is recorded as the date the item was delivered by the third-party shipping company’s system.
- Gift Cards, Promotional Items and Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive authorization to return an item, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from the total amount of the refund.
- Obasan cannot guarantee that we will receive the returned item(s) since we rely on third parties to process these shipments. If an item becomes lost in transit, Obasan cannot be held responsible for this loss. Please contact the shipping company for clarification and resolution.
How do I return an item?
Contact Obasan Customer Service email@example.com to begin the return process.
- Once the specific criteria has been met, our Customer Service Representative will provide you with a return shipping label that must be affixed to the item in question. The cost for this return shipping will be communicated at this time and is based on your specific geographic location.
- Drop off the item at the approved third party shipping carrier location (Canada Post, Fed Ex, UPS etc.). Take note of the tracking number provided to you.
- Once the item is received and inspected at our facility, our Customer Service Representative will send an email notification stating the approval or rejection of the refund request.
- If approved, a refund will be processed and a credit will be applied to your original method of payment.
- If rejected, the items will be either returned to you at your location and cost or destroyed.
Obasan will replace items if they are deemed defective and/or damaged as a result of the manufacturing process. If you would like to discuss a product exchange, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and describe your concerns. A Customer Service Representative will help guide you through the process and answer your questions.
Obasan will allow a one-time comfort exchange after up to 180 days of sleeping on your new adult mattress however; we cannot take the mattresses back for hygienic reasons. Please contact our Customer Service Representative for more details.
If you have accidently ordered the wrong size, we ask that you follow the return process as listed above in its entirety and re-order the item in the desired size. This helps to ensure a smooth transaction of credit and debits on all accounts.
If the item was marked as a gift when purchased and was shipped directly to you, you will receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned item is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to you. If the item was not marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the order shipped to them to give to you at a later date, we will send any refund to the gift-giver directly.
If you are approved to receive a refund but it has not appeared on your account, contact your credit card company first; it may take several days to one week before your refund is officially posted to your account.
If you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
To read the terms and conditions for the Obasans website, click here.