Position: Operations Manager
- Overseeing the production and quality of all products.
- Ensuring workload is distributed amongst the team members and coordinating transfers of resources amongst the stations based on priorities.
- Ensuring that tools, equipment, facilities and other resources are available to the personnel.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels by regular analysis of demand. Conduct appropriate hiring and lay offs to adjust staffing levels accordingly.
- Conduct ongoing and annual performance reviews. Set individual objectives aligned with departmental goals and overall strategic objectives.
- Establish regular training and mentoring plans for the group and provide or arrange individual coaching where necessary.
- Monitor and manage overall employee performance including: technical quality, cost awareness, social interaction, effectiveness and attendance.
- Propose necessary capital investment items with proper financial justification and implement the procurement within budget and on time to support ongoing operations.
- Manage and optimize floor plan and production flow efficiency.
Systems & Processes:
- Create and maintain product safety and quality control standards.
- Create and maintain raw material quality control standards.
- Develop and maintain all operation standards and processes. Ensure application of these standards by the staff in order to improve efficiency and maintain quality.
- Create, maintain and promote health and safety procedures.
- Create and maintain machinery operation plan.
- Create and maintain repair and preventive maintenance plan for each piece of equipment.
- Create and maintain production and procurement systems (demand planning, inventory management Creating and updating of build of materials, etc.).
- Create and update supplier strategy (supplier A, B, C).
Supply Chain management:
- Manage ordering of all goods and raw materials pertaining to the production and manufacture facilities.
- Manage & Control inventory levels.
- Experience managing team of 10 to 30 people with direct report
- Good Balance of Business, Technical and People skills
- Dynamic, Proactive and Sales Driven
- Experience in quality control Management
- Understanding of MRP logic (Knowledge of Netsuite or similar ERP)
- Experience in lean manufacturing
- Bilingual an asset
Please send your resume to email@example.com