Sleeptek has been part of the Ottawa business community for more than 30 years, manufacturing high-end organic mattresses and sleep products. Over the years, we have expanded our reach throughout Canada and the United-States while continuously striving to offer customers customized sleeping solutions to ensure healthy and restorative sleep. Because when you sleep well, you live well.
Our team is looking for a passionate, quality-driven and experienced individual who demonstrates great initiative, to support the company’s growth by improving the accuracy, timeliness and effectiveness of our Finance and Procurement departments. We are searching for a natural team player with strong ethics who can think outside the box!
As a key player in our growth strategy, you will be responsible for the complete cycle of the financial reporting process, including general accounting, budgeting, and compliance all the while respecting accounting principles. You will also be responsible for the company’s Treasury and Risk Management, in addition to the implementation and maintenance of Sleeptek’s procurement management.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Maintain a documented system of the accounting, internal control, and financial policies and procedures.
- Safeguard assets and assure accurate and timely recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits and checks across all departments.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives.
- Perform periodic reviews of processes/ procedures to ensure strong controllership routines in place.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, payroll, perpetual inventory integrity, fixed asset records, general & entity accounting, cost accounting, and Operations.
- Responsible for completing month-end and year-end closing procedures.
- Oversee annual and/or periodic physical inventory counts.
- Coordinate all external auditing activities.
- Comply with local, provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Keep files accurate and up-to-date.
- Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Provide a visionary leadership role, on behalf of Finance, for all departments to create a respected and sought-after departmental goal.
- Other duties as necessary.
- Prepare monthly and annual financial statements and reports in a timely fashion.
- Formulate, implement and execute processes for timely reporting of financial statements, relevant KPI and operational metrics. (Bonus – NetSuite or Cloud ERP experience)
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts.
- Calculate budget variances, provide variance analyses and report significant issues to management.
- Prepare and manage cost and margin reports, indicating areas of concern.
- Provide financial analysis tools to evaluate special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, and more, when necessary.
Treasury and Risk Management:
- Oversee the company’s cash management and banking activities, including cash forecast, short-term investing and borrowing, credit, hedging, foreign exchange and interest rates.
- Ensure all cash management is compliant with financial risk policies.
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants.
- Monitor and maintain inventory levels with the production manager.
- Complete weekly procurement activities and maintenance of procurement records and reports.
- Assist in negotiations with suppliers and third party vendors.
- Assist in developing master contracts with suppliers and in all aspects of contract management.
- Communicate with suppliers on logistics of orders.
- Manage inbound logistics.
- Manage Demand Planning.
- Proficient in French and English (written and spoken).
- College or University diploma in Accounting.
- Sound understanding of GAAP.
- Experience in cash management tasks.
- Experience in preparation of financial statements.
- 3+ years of experience in a financial management and reporting role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer proficiency – Cloud ERP (Netsuite is preferred), Excel (Advanced), and Word.
- Very strong communication skills
- Keen sense of Ethics
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like a PDF copy of the posting to send to someone else, use the link below:Download